CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stir it Up

It's been a rough week this week.  Which really stinks.

There's been some stirring up of trouble on my step-daughter's part this week, which only makes life hard for everyone --her included.

I don't understand that AT ALL.

It wasn't even anything major, but it's the consistent game of stirring up trouble to cause continuous conflict.

I think part of it is that is the only way of life she knows when she's with her mom, but it has been gone for awhile and recently it has started recurring.  In the past, while she spoke to her mom on the phone while here, we were so hesitant of saying anything outloud that her mom would overhear and then cause more grief for everyone for. For example,  we'd not correct her on something to avoid the drama on the other end of the line.

After living together for 3 1/2 years, my attitude is such that it's irrelevant who you're talking to, if you're incorrect, you will be corrected.   What happens in my house is my responsibility and outsiders don't get a say.

Last night when step-daughter was speaking to her mom, she told her that I made her drink gatorade and  that gave her diarrhea.   I happened to be walking through the room where she was and overheard her say that. I stopped and just said, "You're 6. Not a doctor.  You have gatorade to drink so you don't get dehydrated."

I was pissed.   I guess if I was dealing with a sane mother, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the onslaught of drama that a simple statement like that brings, irritates me. (She'd had a fever, so I was keeping her hydrated and had been sick, hence the diarrhea.)

When she got off the phone we talked about it more and I explained that she's the kid, I'm the grownup and I know what I'm doing as a mother. I told her I don't appreciate her stirring up trouble with her mom and asked her why she was doing that.  Her answer, "I don't know." 

That's my least favorite answer from her EVER.

So, as we head into a new week, I'm hoping this was just a bump and next week will be better. But...

I haven't been so lucky with that hope lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment